Early return to work for injured employees has been proven to speed up recovery as well as making good business sense (this is a fundamental requirement ACC’s Accredited Employers Programme).
We can work with you and advise you in establishing a return to work policy and programme for your injured workers. Typically, ACC and other occupational health providers would be involved with return to work processes often including the following steps:
- Establish a return to work policy
- When an injury has occurred, communicate promptly with your injured employee and gain their agreement to proceed with an early return to work process.
- Ensure that medical treatment is being provided
- Engage with ACC Case Manager explaining the desire to support early return to work
- With ACC and the employee, develop a return to work plan
- Implement and monitor the return to work process